Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Latest Numbers are not good...

Well, I saw my doctor today. I actually got a laugh out of him, apparently something many have tried but few have accomplished. He was looking through his clipboard at my paperwork and results, trying to find my viral load numbers. Finally he said to me, "Have you seen your viral load results?"
I couldn't resist...
"Well," I replied, "yeah, I think I saw 'em on the shoulder of the 14 Freeway yesterday..."
That got him. It was like watching a slow avalanche getting bigger and bigger. He tried not to, but started chuckling in spite of himself, and after a few more seconds just started to laugh. I love it when a joke comes together.
But, then the laughing stopped when he found the numbers. My viral load is 110,000. Last year it was 12,000. They want to start me on AIDS drugs right now. Of course, I had him write down what he wanted me to take, and I'll use that for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions.
So, we'll see.
But for now, I have a video to write. Later!

No comments: