Saturday, December 31, 2005

A Christmas Tragedy

Well, it's New Year's Eve today. I called Eva last night, after not being able to reach her for most of the week. Turns out, her sister Gloria went to bed around 9 PM Christmas night, and died in her sleep. They say it was natural causes, probably a pre-existing heart condition. Poor Eva. All the shit she's having to shovel through in her own life, and now she had to bury her sister during the Holidays. I felt so lame on the phone, saying how sorry I was and was there anything I could do to help. She sounds like she's dealing with it, but still I feel as if I should be there. Unfortunately, I just can't make it down to San Bernardino this week again, as my car is getting worse, and my bank account is down to almost zilch again. At least I was able to let her know, via Ma Bell, that I love her and that I'm keeping her in my thoughts.

Last night was a windy one, with the Winnebago shaking and rocking. It was kinda fun. It's gonna be a wet New Years Day. It's already drizzling here. I'm off to get some carbon paper for our World Globe project, and then I'm gonna go to the Dollar Movies and see North Country. Maybe.
On the next block over from where I'm staying, are a couple of vacant houses. One of them is owned by the brother of the woman next door to where I'm staying. We're gonna try to see if this man will rent to me on a Section 8. It seems like a nice little house, and hopefully something might happen.
Tune in Next Year... same Bat Time, same Bat Channel!

No comments: