Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Turkey Day's a Day Away!

Well, the fall leaves are bright gold in Lancaster this year, the days are crisp, the sky deep China blue, and Thanksgiving is day after tomorrow.
I plan to go to Eva's house for the day, and either A): Bring something over, or B:) take her out to eat. She's in the process of packing to move, and her place is pretty barren. Also, most of the units in her place have been boarded-up, due to the gang activity. Most of the old tenants are gone, and Eva's one of the few remaining, until she can move to a place in San Bernardino. I'm debating whether to make something or just take her out because of money and resources. It might be cheaper to make something, and I make the best Thanksgiving spread you've ever tasted. But it'll be a hassle and take up time in Ed's kitchen. Eating out would be more expensive, but would be easier, and maybe nicer too. If I had the facilities, I'd make something, but as it is, we'll see. Eva, for those who don't know, is my "girlfriend/female twin/soul mate" whom I've loved for 25 years, now.

Makes me think of what I have to give thanks for. Let's see... well, although I'm sleeping in the car, I do get to sleep behind a closed gate with an electric blanket getting AC from the house. Lots of homeless folks don't even have a car, or if they do they have to camp wherever they can. I still seem healthy, and Clancy, Batsinfluff, and Kitten are still with me. My client Bruce has recommended me to his ad agency as a director/producer, and I got some money the other day from the Limo spot. And I'll get to see Eva Thursday. So, things ain't that bad.

However, I hope that by this time next year money won't be the problem it's been. Maybe I'll have that dome house by Calico, who knows. If I do, that house will be Holiday Central!
So, Happy Thanksgiving to everybody out there!

Pony

No comments: