Friday, November 18, 2005

Another day, another blood test...

Well, it's been a couple of days since I wrote in, so thought I'd catch up.

Yesterday I went over to the hospital for a doctor's appointment. When they did the intake, they of course took my weight and blood pressure. I came in at 166#, a bit heavy for my norm, but not a problem at 6 feet tall. When they wrapped the BP cuff around my arm, I mentioned that it would be around 115/75.
It was 116/74 !
The nurse goes, "You've got young people's blood pressure. That's the best reading we've had all day!" She couldn't believe it when I said I'm 47, and my father was dead of a heart attack when he was my age, well actually younger. I have to admit, I AM proud of my low BP. It's one of the few things in my anatomy that seems to be working better than expected, taking my HIV into account.

I'll probably be able to get the motor home I'm looking at in another few days. It's an old Dodge from the late '70's, runs, but the inside needs a bit of work. Still, it's liveable, and WAY better than sleeping in the car. And only $400, so hey! Thank God gas prices are dropping. Calico may have me come up on the 27th for a whip show. Hope it happens.

Think I'll go to Popeye's tonight. Red beans and rice!

Pony

No comments: