Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Baron's spot


The Tarantula and my hand.









Well, I've been editing this 11-minute spot for Baron's for about two weeks, now. It's coming along, just taking longer and costing more than we anticipated. It was also a real
bitch to shoot because I was suffering from some kind of illness due to taking Cipro. Hiking miles back into mountain canyons is no fun when you've got nausea, the trots, and are feeling less than 100%.

In any event, we got most of it shot, and had to do some pick-up's at Ed's house. It's looking pretty good, too. Still needs some major work, but coming together.

Here are some production stills pulled directly from my editing system. If the pointed mountain with me passing in front of it looks familiar, that's because it's the same mountain seen in the opening shot of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. It's called Anahola, and is on the island of Kauai, and is very well known. You can see it right from the road just outside Lihue. I've been there, but that was many years ago. This shot of me with the mountain is a composite. Still, we did it to pay homage to the Legend...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks like the coolest damn thing you have ever made

You guys might want to think about running this spot as a pop out video ad on my new 7th Wave Network.

Lets talk later about this...

Let me know when you get the spot finished.

Randall

Anonymous said...

AWESOME MON!!!

And most sincere thanks for the whistling vessel entry. As I might have said
before - you ROCK!!!

Congrats on the Baron Hats happening ...

Your honesty and integrity in your blog has placed you on my list of HEROES
who will, someday in the future when our species WAKES UP from social and
religious injunctions and beliefs, be recognized and admired!!

If the "The Song of The Spirits" IMAX ever happens, I would be pleased to be
an Indiana Jones type STAR in it, unless, of course, I have to perform a
sexual act or take drugs. On second thought, O.K., O.K., I'll do that also
(yes, I KNOW it would be NAUGHTY! That's just the kind of guy I am!) :-)

If O.K. with you - I would like to link your whistling vessel entry on my
website.

Don't forget to remember the axiom from the movie "Galaxy Quest" -- "NEVER
SURRENDER! NEVER GIVE UP!!" (or something like that).

Don (the incredible and occasionally credible) Wright